[Sca-cooks] Splenda

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Jul 25 12:44:56 PDT 2001

>So, I'm curious, I know that diabetics still have to watch for forms of
>sugar like fructose and sucrose - is Splenda one of those types of things?
>Or can diabetics use it more like an artificial sweetner?

It depends on which diabetic you ask. . . <grin>
I _think_ there's just a tad of sucrose? fructose? in it, which means that
some diabetics won't touch it with a ten-foot cooking pan, but others
don't mind it at all because it's better for them than normal sugar.
In other words, mileage may vary.

Me? I use sweet-and-low for when I'm drinking tea but not eating anything
with it; sugar for tea when I've eaten other stuff at the same time.

Alban