[Sca-cooks] Mint Jelly?

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 26 19:22:38 PDT 2001

Greetings.  This is specifically addressed to folk with European
eating experience.  Do the English/British or others use the same
type of mint jelly with lamb that Americans do?  We are (most of us)
used to a clear, apple-based, mint-flavored, solid jelly.  When I
was in York for Easter, the mint stuff was a mint sauce, made of
real mint leaves, and it was a sauce - runny like sauces are, not
stiff like the jelly we are used to.  Is our mint jelly commonly
used abroad or does the mint stuff come from the sauce tradition?

Alys Katharine