[Sca-cooks] Pastry decoration - a question

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jul 29 17:36:48 PDT 2001

Mari commented:
> I haven't yet found out if the Head Cook intends the pastry to be edible or
> Salt-dough - so while *I* like the idea of precooking the meat and just
> serving it in the bunny case; I have the feeling that they want it to be
> exact to whatever source they're found.  Hopefully someone on the crew will
> have pre-run this dish and will know the timing of it all.....

I can see one possible advantage to cooking the bunnies and the meat
seperately and then stuffing the meat in the bunnies - preventing the
bunnies from getting soggy from the meat juice.

I've seen other recipes here for dough covered meat dishes. So my
question is, How do you prevent the meat juice from making the dough/
bread outside soggy? I remember trying those "Hip Pocket" frozen
meat pockets from the grocery store when they first came out. Mine
ended up soggy and I've never been inclined to try one of those
things again.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net