[Sca-cooks] Pastry decoration - a question

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Tue Jul 31 10:38:57 PDT 2001

In a message dated 7/29/01 7:37:45 PM Central Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<<
 I've seen other recipes here for dough covered meat dishes. So my
 question is, How do you prevent the meat juice from making the dough/
 bread outside soggy? I remember trying those "Hip Pocket" frozen
 meat pockets from the grocery store when they first came out. Mine
 ended up soggy and I've never been inclined to try one of those
 things again.

the best method I've found (by doing beef wellington) is to partial cook off
the meat first and then wrap in pastry. the pastry dough should cook about
the same time as the meat.

Finnebhir (what's this Rock everyone mentions?)