[Sca-cooks] No Sh*t, there THEY were in MY kitchen

Nicolas Steenhout vavroom at bmee.net
Mon Jul 30 15:08:38 PDT 2001

At 04:54 PM 7/30/01 -0400, you wrote:
>     Of course, OTOH, the groundhog is probably sitting there in his den even
>now, telling his own story about the wierdnesses he encountered in his
>escape from that snake under the bushes . . .

Hehehehe,

Reminds me of the family of racoons that would invade the kitchen nightly
in search of edible morsels.  This was at a holiday camp for children, up
in Algonquin Park, in Ontario.  We'd come in the morning and have to fight
for our precious ground.  Very early on, one of my assistants suggested we
catch them and cook them.  While I wasn't opposed to the idea, the camp
director was very much opposed, and we never did anything else than catch
and release.  <shrug>

Nicolas
http://www.bmee.net