[Sca-cooks] OT: Trip to Ireland

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jul 31 09:18:01 PDT 2001

Brighid asked:
> After several years delay (buying a house put us off-schedule), my
> lord and I are finally going to Ireland.
>
> Any recommendations for places to visit/stay/shop/eat?  Since my
> persona is 10th century Irish, things related to that era would be of
> particular interest.  Oh, and I don't do beer or ale.  At all.  Is cider
> readily available in pubs?

Hmm. An early period Irish women who doesn't like beer or ale and
translates late period Spanish manuscripts, and who if I remember right,
isn't Catholic. Very SCA. :-)

I don't know that I have any info on the specific items you are asking
about, but you might want to look through this file in the CULTURES
section of the Florilegium and see what other SCA folk found
interesting.
Ireland-msg       (47K)  2/18/00    Irish culture, dress. Points of
interest.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/Ireland-msg.html

Someday my lady wife and I would like to make it to Europe. I don't
think I would have trouble giving up Pennsic for one year for this.
Since she doesn't like Pennsic (something about hard winters in hell
or something before she'll camp for a week), I don't think she would
have a problem giving it up.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net