[Sca-cooks] OT: Trip to Ireland

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jul 31 09:35:22 PDT 2001

Vara commented:
> Cider is very available but don't forget cider in Ireland is VERY
> alcoholic...as strong as a strong beer in some cases.
> woodpecker is sweet
> blackthorn dry
> and scrumpy or rough cider is suitable for taking varnish off of furniture.
> In drink scrumpy

The first two are available here in the United States. Unless they
brew a different one for us, I personally don't remember them being
that alcoholic but then I prefer wines to beer so maybe my calibration
is different.

I've never seen this "scrumpy" here. Has anyone else?

I wish there were more ciders available here.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net