[Sca-cooks] how old are kettles?

Elysant1 at aol.com Elysant1 at aol.com
Fri Jun 1 12:53:17 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/29/01 8:01:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
skud at infotrope.net writes:

<< If anyone happens to be in NYC at any time, don't miss this museum!
 Amazing medieval stuff.  >>

Agreed.  It is well with the trip to go there.  I went there a couple of
years ago with a small group from the East Kingdom.  I think the majority of
people there that day were SCAdians.  (I overheard someone from another group
in the gift shop saying to one of his friends "we should have come in garb!"
).  One of our group said the way to tell the SCAdians from the mundanes was
that the mundanes were the ones just walking through the rooms and gazing at
the objects while the SCAdians were the ones with their faces stuck to the
glass of the display cases and drooling! ;-)

The only disappointment was that the room with the Unicorn Tapestries was
temporarily closed for renovation.  Maybe one day we'll visit there again. :-)

Elysant