[Sca-cooks] how old are kettles?

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 4 10:08:55 PDT 2001

  One of our group said the way to tell the SCAdians from the
> mundanes was that the mundanes were the ones just walking through the
rooms
> and gazing at the objects while the SCAdians were the ones with their
faces stuck to the
> glass of the display cases and drooling! ;-)
> Elysant

	I have seen that to be true on many occasions.  Lady Temair and I flew to
D.C. last Thanksgiving to see the "Fools and Fricasees" exhibit at the
Folger library, and I was doing the "twist around behind the glass and try
to see the backside" exercise on a couple of pieces.  It got embarrassing at
the "Treasures of the Czars" exhibit a couple of years ago with a large
group from our Barony, people laying on the floor underneath suspended robes
doing sketches, really!  I had to pry a lady from my household off of the
glass over a period illuminated manuscript containing pink, green and orange
at the J.P. Morgan exhibit at the High Museum.  Oh, well, at least the
curators know their audience is really interested, right?
	Christianna