[Sca-cooks] how old are kettles?

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 17:42:05 PDT 2001

Elysant said of the Cloisters:

>   One of our group said the way to tell the SCAdians from the
> > mundanes was that the mundanes were the ones just walking through the
> rooms
> > and gazing at the objects while the SCAdians were the ones with their
> faces stuck to the
> > glass of the display cases and drooling! ;-)

Actually, in the rooms of the Cloisters which contain larger items
(furniture, tapestries, etc), very few things are actually behind glass.
They are surrounded by laser beams instead :-)  You can track Scadians around
the display by the "beeeeeep" every time someone breaks a beam trying to look
at the details up close.
One of the ladies in my shire very nearly flipped one of the tapestries over
to look at the back, but the beep stopped her!

Brangwayna Morgan