[Sca-cooks] Oranges

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jun 1 20:27:34 PDT 2001

Hi, folks.

I've just received two crates full of fresh bitter oranges from Florida.
They are from an old tree growing wild in someone's back yard, and the tree
could possibly be descended from Spanish colonial stock (it is in a right
place for that). I will be squeezing the juice this weekend, making it into
ice cubes, and storing the cubes in airtight freezer bags. I only have a
limited supply, but if anyone is seriously interested in experimenting with
fresh bitter orange juice, I'd be happy to share.

Thomas