[Sca-cooks] Danish Cookbook of 1616 - Question on Mead recipe

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Jun 4 18:43:00 PDT 2001

A couple of quick questions:

With the Danish Cookbook's mead recipe on Sat 4 Mar 2000, it mentions the
recipe for a full Barrel of Mead.  Anyone have any idea how big a Danish Barrel
was? I have a good idea on sizes in Tudor England, but Danish.  Bugger all
idea, I'm afraid.  Can someone help?

Can someone also send me the original danish text and the full citation for the
cookbook if they can?  I would be keen to have it for my notes.

Regards,

Drakey.

ps.  Stefan, again with your Florigium, I could kiss you.  A new Mead recipe
I've never seen before. Yippee.  I'm so glad for a new recipe away from Digby.