[Sca-cooks] pate

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Jun 4 21:57:52 PDT 2001

Balthazar of Blackmoor (jokingly, I hope) said:
> I'm going to start calling meatloaf "Country Style
> Beef Pate",

Would this really apply though? I thought pates were always very
finely ground, a paste. Whereas the meatloaf I've had was coarser,
like crumbled hamburger although smushed together. Also meatloaf
has something in it like bread crumbs, right? Does pate?

I guess I'm just not too fond of finely ground, mashed things like
pate. I've never called for bologna, or those canned meat spreads
either. But I've found some bologna which is much coarser ground, like
salami, which I really do like. Portugese(?), Lebonese(?) bologna?

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net