[Sca-cooks] Re: Bad Beer

Barbara Evans mathilde at borg.com
Tue Jun 5 10:59:42 PDT 2001

I am happy to report that the West End Brewing Company in Utica, NY,
upgraded its brewing standards from the lowly Utica Club some years ago, and
now produces a very good line of beers under the Saranac label.  Some of you
may have enjoyed "The Twelve Beers of Christmas," a variety pack that comes
out around the holiday season. West End also makes Saranac root beer and
ginger ale which are very good as well. Stop by and take the brewery tour if
you are ever up (or down) this way!

Another bad beer story: At Pennsic last year, someone left a six-pack of Bud
Light at the Shark Pit. None of us would drink it so we tried to give it to
a security patrol that came by on a golf cart. They wouldn't drink it either
and took it to lost-and-found, where I do not believe that anyone claimed
it.

Life is too short to drink bad beer.

Mathilde