[Sca-cooks] Re: bad beer

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 18:17:29 PDT 2001

> > As for Budweiser, I agree you can't get much more abominable than the
> > Milwaukee variety,

What!!!! Blasphemy!  Anheuser-Busch is based here in St. Louis!  And in
defense of local industry, there is one place to get "good" Budweiser: on
the brewery tour, in the hospitality room.  It's fresh from the tanks, and
hasn't been sitting around.  Beats heck out of Corona, even with lime.
'Course, that ain't saying much. :-)

For a while, A-B was test-marketing a line of what they called "Prohibition
Brews".  They went back into the archives and dug up some old recipes from
1910 or so.  The Muenchener was comparable to a decent altbier, and the
Black & Tan was pretty darn tasty.  The only things left now are Michelob's
line of specialty brews (Amber Bock, Hefeweizen, et al.).  I'll drink those
over Bud, definitely.

I've seen old ads for an A-B product called "Old Burgundy", which was
apparently a barley wine.  I wonder who I'd have to mug for that recipe?

Vicente