[Sca-cooks] Mexican cream and cheese

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 09:11:34 PDT 2001

I was in Albertsons yesterday, and they have a dairy case that has mexican products in it.

Two of the products intriqued me. One is a round white cheese that tastes similar to a very mild cheddar. I dont remember if it had a specific name. I was wondering if this would be a good cheese to use in some of the period recipes calling for cheese.

They also had some plastic bottles of stuff. One was filled with sour cream, but the other was filled with something labled as table cream. I havent heard of this before. It had milk, cream, carragheenan, guar gum in it, but I think that was all. I know that the last two are thickeners. I was wondering what it is used for. Could it be used for making clotted cream?

Just curious,

Ilia