[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Pantry Surprise, yet again

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Jun 17 20:07:03 PDT 2001

I was going through yet another back digest from a while back (hey, I'm
actually catching up on these) and saw:

> Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:04:24 -0700
> From: Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net>
> Subject: Re: SC - Pantry Surprise, yet again
>
> >         OOOooooohhh!!! that is just so cool!!    Kinda like that tv host who
> > invites himself over for supper at peoples' homes,  bringing his own chef.
> > And you did this at another person's house!  Not like "scrounge nite" at my
> > own residence.   (that usually involves what's in the fridge and minimal
> > cooking)  Wanna come over to my house?
> >
> > Caointiarn
>
> That would be "Gordon Elliott's Door Knock Dinners."  O please god, send him to
> a SCA house some day, preferably one from the SCA-Cooks' list... I wanna see
> what he makes of our decor, as well as the kind of ingredients we have sitting
> around.  Grains of Paradise, Galingale, half-a-freezerfull of duck carcasses
> left from Twelfth Night...
>
> Selene, who watches 'way too much Food Network

This was making me laugh and think "This would be funny. What wacky houses
many SCA folks keep." Then I got to thinking. *I've* got Grains of
Paradise and Galingale in the cabinet, and there is a whole, frozen
duck sitting in my freezer from last Yule, when they were available in
the grocery...

And a recently bought bottle of mead and the dried fish and...

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net