[Sca-cooks] Pennsic class notes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jun 22 00:22:37 PDT 2001

Selene commented:
> Me neither too, or is that three?  Can you fine fortunate folk teaching
> classes at Pennsic please put your class notes online where we can grab them?

Well, last year I wanted to collect the Pennsic class notes for possible
placement in the Florilegium. However, Alys had had promises before to
put these online, but after spending the time collecting them, the
effort came to naught. I had promises myself, late last year from the
individual who had collected them from Pennsic 27 to ship them to me.
However, they've not shown up.

I still would be willing to do something along these lines. However, I
can understand Alys' frustration over this, so I don't imagine anything
"official" will be done. Some class notes are too fragmented or sparse
to stand alone outside of the class they are written for. Some subjects
may already be covered sufficiently well in the Florilegium that the
class notes would add little new. But even discounting those, the sheer
quantity could overwhelm my abilities. However, I think I do have a
reasonable track record with the Florilegium and I might be willing to
attempt this. I think that a number of new subjects could be introduced
or maybe just more widely spread through the Known World with this effort.

Comments, folks? Would you be interested in this? Should I just try
to appeal to the teachers to send me copies of their notes by email?
I can scan paper copy but its a lot more work and prone to error. Should
I try to post a notice of this to the various mail lists and the Rialto?
Or simply try to get the notes that I've picked up from the classes
I've attended online (those that I've discussed this with the teacher
or can reach online to ask)?

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net