[Sca-cooks] FW: [SD] Fwd: Quail eggs

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sat Jun 23 14:37:42 PDT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Cherri Van Aken [mailto:cherritanner at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 4:24 PM
To: southdowns at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [SD] Fwd: Quail eggs

I thought some of the ultra talented people in South
Downs could help these folks out.  Who knows... maybe
there will be some jewelry discounts to the most
helpful ;)

Kora

--- Danny & Sherry Hansen <craftycelts at mindspring.com>
wrote:
> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:36:33 -0400
> Subject: Quail eggs
> From: "Danny & Sherry Hansen"
> <craftycelts at mindspring.com>
> To: preachain at sculptors.com
>
> Hey folks!
>
> Was wondering if anyone knew of any period (or even
> non-period) recipes
> using quail eggs? We just started raising some for
> fun, and are starting to
> get some eggs - they lay every day just like
> chickens. We read that if you
> hard boil them, and then soak them in vinigar, the
> shells will dissolve
> away, so I'm thinking pickled quails eggs must have
> been done somewhere.
> Anyway, if anyone has any ideas, let us know!
>
> Also, depending upon how many eggs we get this
> summer, we might be able to
> bring a small quantity to Pennsic, if one of the
> cooks would like to try
> using them for something.
>
> Vortigern

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      Big News - eGroups is becoming Yahoo! Groups Click here for more
details

The Barony of the South Downs web site is at:

   <http://www.baronyofthesouthdowns.org>