[Sca-cooks] Meat and not potatoes feast

Terri Spencer taracook at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 18:00:19 PDT 2001

Hello there,

I recently found out that an event bid we had not expected to get for a
Kingdom level fighter's collegium in November is now the leading
contender.  I'm feast cook, and haven't really given it much thought
because I didn't think it was going to happen.  There isn't really a
theme, just fighting, strategy, fighting, tactics, more fighting, with
a "fighters feast".  I'd like to keep it fairly simple, since the
kitchen at the planned site is a bit limited.  So far the only dishes
I've settled on are roast/grilled pork with a variety of sauces, and
something with yams (not potatoes).  So I'm hitting the cookbooks, and
thought I'd ask our world-wide cooks group for favorite sure-fire feast
recipes to satisfy a horde of hungry fighters.  What do you suggest?

Tara