[Sca-cooks] Eat, Drink and be Buried

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 27 20:20:22 PDT 2001

On 27 Jun 01,, Terri Spencer wrote:

> For those cooks who also like to read mysteries, I came across a new
> book at the local library;
>
> _Eat, Drink and be Buried_, A Gourmet Detective Mystery by Peter King.
>
> St. Martin's Press, NY, 2001.  ISBN 0-312-24270-0
>
> The amateur sleuth is a food professional, hired to design a more
> authentic menu for a medieval castle turned into a tourist resort.

This sounds very similar to another recently published mystery.  "Sticks
and Scones" by Diane Mott Davidson.  I haven't read it yet, but the
description on Amazon begins thusly:

Her first big catering gig in weeks has Goldy Bear Schulz salivating. But
before she can collect her Elizabethan-inspired recipes (Queen of Scots
Shortbread, Damson-in-Distress Plum Tart) and hie herself to the restored
English castle in Colorado where she's putting on a donor's luncheon in
Hyde Chapel and a high school fencing banquet in the castle's Great Room,
someone blows a hole in her living room  window.

I'll have to take a look at our library's copy to see what the recipes are like.

Brighid ni Chiarain
Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
mka Robin Carroll-Mann  ***  rcmann4 at earthlink.net