[Sca-cooks] Carbonadoes

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Fri Jun 1 18:23:48 PDT 2001

In lists.sca.sca-cooks, you wrote:
>Kirrily said:
>> To me, fricassees and carbonadoes seem distinctly 17th century (Pepys,
>> Restoration, and all that), and I'm wondering whether the text I have is
>> perhaps very different to the first edition.  If it's massively
>
>Granado (1599) has a recipe for "Carbonadas de ave" (Carbonadas
>of fowl) made with chicken breast meat.

*nod* ... and today I came across a fricassee in the Florilegium, from a
period source.  Didn't bookmark it, though, so I don't recall what --
just that it was there, and I thought "oh good!" to myself.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud at infotrope.net - http://infotrope.net/
Real programmers don't bring brown-bag lunches.  If the vending machine