[Sca-cooks] A funny for you to giggle at. OT OOP(kinda)

Black Jade black_jade at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 2 00:32:33 PDT 2001

Greetings the list.

A friend of mine passed this on to me, as something I would appreciate
given my hobby of Medieval Cookery.  I found it amusing and so I thought I
would post it here so the rest of my Brothers and Sisters of the Spoon
could have a giggle as well.
-Katerine of Haydon Bridge (aka Min)

KING RICHARD THE SECOND SOUP:

4 Whole Onions -  because he suffered wholly the desertion of his subjects;
like layers of an onion, they slipped away     		   from him.
2 Carrots - As the carrot dangled before his nose, an offering if he would
abdicate civilly to Edward
4 Cups Sorrel Leaves - Like sorrow, the soup should be bitter with it
2 Cups Dandelion Greens - To signify his young Queen, who in her death
drove the young King to the brink.  No reason 			       for her
death.....the greens should be wilted
1 Meat Bone - To represent Edward, whose children were damned by Richard to
pay for usurping the Throne.  If the meat 		is ham, it shows his pigginess
and greed to wrench from his King that rightful Crown.  If the meat bone
is 		beef, let it represent stupidity, pushiness, brown and barrenlessness.
Salt to taste - For they took his crown and wanted to admit his guilt (he
would not)
Water - For all things must pass.