[Sca-cooks] polenta

Mon Jun 4 14:06:10 PDT 2001

> Hey!  I think I found my long lost brother!!  Did your
> Dad spend any time in Bakersfield, California during
> the late 60's?????
>
> Balthazar of Blackmoor

Nope.  Late 60's was Alabama and Mississippi.  The last trip through
Bakersfield was about 1958.

Cornmeal mush with bacon and syrup was a common farm meal in the Midwest
when my parents were growing up.  Come to think of it, polenta was common
farm fare in Italy.  Now they call cornmeal mush "polenta" in the U.S. and
call it fine food rather than home cooking.  Go figure.

Bear