[Sca-cooks] polenta

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 14:25:53 PDT 2001

--- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> Cornmeal mush with bacon and syrup was a common farm
> meal in the Midwest
> when my parents were growing up.  Come to think of
> it, polenta was common
> farm fare in Italy.  Now they call cornmeal mush
> "polenta" in the U.S. and
> call it fine food rather than home cooking.  Go
> figure.

I'm going to start calling meatloaf "Country Style
Beef Pate", and Pigs-in-a-blanket "Forcemeat en
Croute"...  Now if I can just find a fancy French name
for Beanie Weenie...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Let the people hate, as long as they also fear.