[Sca-cooks] pate

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 5 07:19:07 PDT 2001

I suspect terrine might be the better term.  The first time I made my
version of this wonderful dish, I thought that it looked sort of like a cold
meatloaf!  I seem to remember that there are three types of this kind of
thing:  rissole, terrine and pate.  Each of these, as I recall, refer to a
difference in how the meat is used, either ground, made into a paste
or...and I'm not sure what rissole was.  But then, I'm sure our
professionals can fill in the gaps.

Kiri