[Sca-cooks] Tracking Down Scully

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jun 5 03:41:34 PDT 2001

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> > Are you talking about his commentary on Mayneri's Opusculum de Saporibus?
> >
> > Adamantius
>
> We had quite a discussion on this "Opusculum" thing and a lot of that
> *is* in the sauces-msg file in the Florilegium. I also found referances
> to Terence Scully's books, but nothing on a particular article if that
> is what Vicente is looking for.

IIRC, Scully is the author of a separately published paper or article
_on_ the 13th-century (?) Opusculum de Saporibus, or Little Book On
Sauces, an early Milanese text on the subject. The article presents, I
believe, a brief translation and discussion of the original work, and it
can can be found as referenced in the bibliography to Scully's edition
of Le Viandier.

So, if that's the information Vicente needs (and I'm not certain that it
is, which is why I'm asking) it can be easily dug up.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com