[Sca-cooks] polenta

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Tue Jun 5 08:05:18 PDT 2001

>If you can imagine any fermented beverage tasting
>worse than 'Coors Beer', then you have probably tasted
>Schaefer.... It is a very, very cheap brand of beer
>with a distinct 'Scotch Tape' flavor...  If I had to
>describe the aroma, I would call it very similar to
>'Jogger Shoe Twist'.

905 Light Beer. 9-0-5 was a chain of liquor stores in
the greater St. Louis area; their house brand of beer
was bad enough, but the Light stuff was apparently
even worse.
I once got left with a full case minus one bottle of the
stuff after I hosted a post-revel. The case was still full
minus one bottle, a year later.

Alban