[Sca-cooks] polenta

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 5 06:56:38 PDT 2001

It's kind of like the deal with "Soul Food".  When it became a big thing
several years ago, I checked to find out just what it was.  Turned out it was
what my mother and grandmother (from Georgia) had cooked all their
lives....what I had always thought of as southern cooking!  Kind of makes you
wonder, doesn't it?  Maybe we could take something really simple and cheap to
fix, institute a publicity/marketing campaign to make it a new fad, then
charge exhorbitant prices for it!  Whaddya think?

Kiri