[Sca-cooks] Speaking of Apicius ...

tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jun 5 17:13:47 PDT 2001

> >-- Apicius, Marcus Gavius: De re coquinaria. Über die Kochkunst.
> >Lateinisch/ Deutsch. Hg., übersetzt und kommentiert von R. Maier.
> >Stuttgart 1991.

> Thomas, where can I find the online version of this one? I've been meaning
> to order the book but wouldn't mind being able to take a look at it first.

It is only the Latin text based on this edition that is online:

http://geocities.com/Athens/Forum/6946/literature/apicius.html

There is more in the book that is not online: the German translation,
the notes, a glossary, references, a "Nachwort". The price: 12 DM,
around 6 Euro, around 6 $. ISBN: 3-15-008710-4.

Best, Thomas