[Sca-cooks] Speaking of Apicius ...

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Tue Jun 5 18:53:45 PDT 2001

Thomas wrote:

>There is more in the book that is not online: the German translation,
>the notes, a glossary, references, a "Nachwort". The price: 12 DM,
>around 6 Euro, around 6 $. ISBN: 3-15-008710-4.

Thanks, I've ordered it already. This was one of the few instances where the
book was so inexpensive that shipping and handling actually amount to more
than the purchase price of the book - I'm paying 25 DM for it.

I also found the Flower and Rosenbaum edition through abebooks.com recently
at only US$ 15, plus US$ 10 shipping and handling, so I'm quite happy with
that.

My children, for once in unison: "But Mother, you don't need any more
cookbooks. Please."

Me: "Yes I do. End of discussion."

My children: "Let's go find the guy who invented the Internet and do
something nasty to him. Or to that Amazon guy."

Oh well ...

Nanna