[Sca-cooks] Re: Speaking of Apicius ...

tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de tgl at mailer.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jun 5 18:20:44 PDT 2001

<< A 1490 edition is online at the Gallica-site of the National
Library in Paris ... >>

A correction: I was mislead by the library's catalogue entry. It seems,
that there is no 1490 edition. What is online, is one of the two 1498
editions; sorry.

Re: Flower/Rosenbaum. I just see that they do not have the text of the
'Excerpta a Vinidario', the Apicius-excerpts made by Vinidarius. Usually
this is the eleventh part following book X in other Apicius editions.
These excerpts seem to be important in respect to the lost Apicius
recipes.

Th.