[Sca-cooks] pate

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 19:51:38 PDT 2001

<< I thought pates were always very
 finely ground, a paste. Whereas the meatloaf I've had was coarser,
 like crumbled hamburger although smushed together.>>

That may be a matter of what side of the Atlantic you are on. Many meats such
as sausages, etc. are ground and have the consistency of 'mush' in Great
Britain.

 <<Also meatloaf
 has something in it like bread crumbs, right? >>

Sometimes. And sometimes oatmeal or rice, ad nauseum. I have a couple of
cookbooks dedicated exclusively to 'meatloaf recipes in my collection.
Sometimes it is better to not try to specifically define a dish as being
specifically this or that as you are apt to try to often do. One man's
meatloaf is another man's pate or sausage or pudding or whatever. :-)

<<Does pate? >>

Have breadcrumbs? Possibly. I'll have to look through my dozens of pate
recipes to answer  yeah or nea. Possibly the answer is in the Flori-thingy.

Ras