[Sca-cooks] OTOTOTOT: the po' boy sandwich

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 08:18:36 PDT 2001

>So, what goes into a po'-boy where you are?
>
>Adamantius

While serving in the Air Force in Biloxi, MS
I spent a lot of time on the sea coast and in
N'Awlins. Most of the seafood po'boys I had
were pretty much as you describe. Fried fish,
shrimp, or oysters in a french roll. Topped
with mayo or the remoulade sauce and slaw.
Usually there was a bottle of Tabasco available
to perk it up. Some of them didn't have the
slaw. Others had lettuce, onion, and tomato
but I think they were probably products of
Yankee carpetbaggers.

Yers,

Gunthar

PS. Ever hear of The Mansion on Turtle Creek's
Lobster Taco? A pinnacle of culinary achievement!