[Sca-cooks] SCA Interkingdom Comparisons - Weather

Prydwen gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Wed Jun 6 08:31:32 PDT 2001

At 11:08 AM 6/6/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>But that's the way it's always been in this neighborhood ... if you don't like
>the weather, wait 5 minutes!  Maryland is having the same kind of thing.  We
>went through a terrible drought during the end of April/beginning of May.
>Then a week before Memorial Day, the skies opened up, and it's been wet ever
>since.  If we have 4 dry days in a row at this point, it'll be something
>different.  and, for the first time, temperatures here are getting up into the
>80's...though we saw 90's in April!
>
>Kiri

Ah yes, I remember it well... ( She hums)  Grew up there down in the
Crownsville area on the Severn.  Now, I live in Southern New Mexico,
temperature occasionally 115 degrees in the shade and not much
humidity.  Believe me, any breeze is like a blow torch and just moving
takes your breath away.  Weather here in the Outlands is very
notional.  When we do get precipitation, it's a little raucous and
sometimes weird.  I have witnessed it rain on one side of an intersection
and be dry and sunny on the other.  Oh yes, we do occasionally get triple
rainbows.

Prydwen (who would kill for some Maryland crabs...<sigh>)