[Sca-cooks] cooking schools

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Jun 6 14:59:40 PDT 2001

>In short, it can be an extremely hard life, and while there's nothing
>quite like the thrill of doing it successfully (perhaps a bit like
>painting the ceiling of the Cistine Chapel while riding the nose cone of
>an ICBM), I'd be suspicious of a culinary school that wasn't something
>of a boot camp.
>
>Adamantius

Actually, I've toyed with the idea of being a chef but the high pressure of the
industry (and watching Gordon Ramsay's Boiling Point didn't help either...)
doesn't really appeal.

I then toyed with the idea of doing a course just for personal development but
the schools in Canberra and either full time or only offer minor, superficial
courses (such as Thai cooking in 4 weeks).

Does anyone know of a series of books / web pages / course notes, (whatever...)
that covers the proper basics and works its way up to professional stuff level.

Regards,

Drake.