[Sca-cooks] cooking schools

ruadh ruadh at home.com
Thu Jun 7 06:10:48 PDT 2001

this, I think/hope, is less than the basics you want. But it shows the
extent that teaching cooking will go to help others learn the 'life' basics.
http://ssd.k12.mo.us/curriculum/0622.htm
The best cookbook present I received is " the Science of Cooking". It gave
the *reason* you need some salt in bread [ chemistry], and what's happening
[and 'not'] at various temps of the cooking cycle. Not many recipes, but
good Science; great for the Tech-no geek. Try
http://www.inquisitivecook.com/ its closest to the original book. Ru