[Sca-cooks] meat products & the UK

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Jun 6 15:11:16 PDT 2001

Vara commented:
> just dont ask for meat based souvaniers....no haggis. no black pudding and
> no ulster fry!

Oops. Yes, when I suggested haggis, I'd completely forgotten about
the recent hoof and mouth concerns. However, does that effect
Scotland or just England?

How is the commercial black pudding sold? Is it sold encased in
intestine (or something else) as a link? Or is it just packaged
as a blob in plastic?

And we've discussed haggis and black pudding, but what is
"ulster fry"?

I doubt that there are any vegetables or fruit that Scotland is
famous for. :-) I wonder if they offer Salmon smoked over peat
fires?

Smoked or dried fish might be a possible item from Iceland as well.
Nanna?

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net