[Sca-cooks] Good beer

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 7 09:06:55 PDT 2001

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I looked at the bottle last night and that is what
> it is called "K".  Also I
> looked at my lambec bottle and it is Keriek (I think
> I spelled that
> correctly) brand.

You'll probably find that 'Kriek' is the flavor, not
the brand.  'Kriek' is Cherry, 'Framboise' is
Raspberry, and 'Peche' is, well, you guessed
it...Peach.  The most popular (and widely available)
'brand' is Lindemann's lambic, which comes in a dark,
heavy bottle with colored foil on the cap.  Quite
expensive in most regions, but it is a very nice
'champagne style' fruit beer.  Not really close to the
more traditional Lambics, but delicious none-the-less.
 Particularly poured over Raspberry Sorbet in a
champagne flute...

Balthazar of Blackmoor

 They make a few different kinds,
> cherry being my
> favorite, raspberry, pear and a wheat thing that I
> am not fond of at all.  I
> don't recall seeing any other types but there could
> be.
> Olwen
>
> >No, but I'll look for it the next time I go to the
> package store. Black
> >Bottle
> >w/ "K" on the lid.
> >
> >Liadan
> >

> >On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:13:28 -0000 you wrote:
> >

> > > Have you tried the cider with the K on the lid?
> Cann't remember what
> >it's
> > > called, just know it's a black painted bottle
> with a K on the lid.
> > > Olwen

=====
Let the people hate, as long as they also fear.