[Sca-cooks] camping food and wheat allergies

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Jun 7 12:49:47 PDT 2001

A question. The gentleman who is currently the head of the household (we
keep electing him, so it's not his fault) had the fortune (or not) to win
Coronet last November, thus making him and his lady our Pennsic (and other
summer camping events) royalty. Problem is, she's usually responsible for
making sure he is well-fed, and being that she is also wearing a shiny hat
she won't have the time to feed herself, let alone him.

To complicate matters, she has an allergy to gluten sugars or some such
thing, so no spelt, barley, or rye. What I would like to do is to come up
with something that will work for camping food, is at least vaguely
period, and that HSH Leyla can eat. If it can live in a cooler, so much
the better--I'm not functional enough at camping events to be cooking a
whole lot, if at all.

Thanks muchly,

Margaret