Standard test was Re: [Sca-cooks] Iceland & Scotland - what to get?

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Fri Jun 8 20:27:00 PDT 2001

In a message dated 6/8/01 10:20:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
grizly at mindspring.com writes:

> They don't tell you how to teach so much as tell what is and isn't being
> learned . . . assessment tolls and not policy making tools.

Have you seen the curriculum of high schools in Virginia? They give us this
little sheet every year that has corresponding SOL numbers and teachers have
to go by that sheet to teach. For example SOL #13.2 could be Nuclear
Chemistry-Conceptual Basics. After we take the SOL's, its like we have
nothing else to do. What is ridiculous is that the Class of 2004 has to pass
the SOL to get a credit for the class. THink about the kids that try but just
don't get the material. Do you think they should be held back just because
they cannot grasp the subject. They will get frustrated and either drop out
of the class or maybe school. I do not know. Oh well.

Misha the irrational, tree hugging, borscht eating, SOL hating, conspiricy
minded teenager.
(My 20th Century class has brainwashed me XD)