[Sca-cooks] scotch and hot pads

Pixel, Queen of Cats pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Mon Jun 11 07:32:58 PDT 2001

In the King Arthur Flour catalog (tons of stuff you really don't need, but
is cool to drool over) they have leather hot pads. I myself have used
heavy suede work gloves when I didn't have anything else useful to
hand. You might think about attaching some heavy leather or suede to the
parts that will contact hot surfaces. The suede will do a lot to keep the
heat from your hands, and takes a lot more to burn than does fabric.

I don't recall seeing anything in my manuscripts that shows what was used,
unfortunately.

Margaret