[Sca-cooks] question on technical point

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Mon Jun 11 17:06:35 PDT 2001

>I've remade it without the egg white, letting it simmer a while to
>thicken down a bit, and that is really lovely. but i'm concerned that
>i'm doing something wrong with the egg white and that's why it didn't
>work. can anyone here suggest anything?

Try cooking it with the egg white, in a double boiler/bain marie/one
of those things with a pan of hot water below and a pan with the
sauce above? Over very low heat? The egg white might be cooking
too fast? (Think: hollandaise sauce. Heat's good, but not too much of
it or else the yolk will turn into scrambled eggs. Might the same be
hapenning here?)

Alban