[Sca-cooks] light, summer soup

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Tue Jun 12 07:25:10 PDT 2001

I know of it and have made it frequently...though I never thought to serve it
with sour cream!  However, I really doubt that it is period, though there may
be a period soup that is similar.  I say this because the recipe I have calls
for a period method of thickening the soup...using bread crumbs.  Do any of our
Spanish experts know of anything like this?

Kiri