[Sca-cooks] RE: pot holders

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Tue Jun 12 09:04:08 PDT 2001

> hey all from Anne-Marie
>
> on potholders in period...we have lots of pictures of medieval people
cooking. None of
> them seem to use potholders. ... I'd love to see pictorial evidence of a
potholder, though! they can be awfully handy sometimes....

That's what I was thinking. Skirts and aprons and towels are, I suppose,
convenient enough to fulfill the need at the time. So they are a modern
convenience and our (Ruadh's and mine) wool  ones are a good idea, but not
necessarily period. I'm happy with that. 8-)

Lann (of the no longer burned fingers)