[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jun 12 10:08:08 PDT 2001

Silly people. There is no One True Sndwich. There Many Paths are, and is
Truth in Sandwiches Many (Why am I talking like Yoda?)

Grilled Cheese(s) made with processed American for those who didn't get
enough affection as children, cheddar for stout-hearted adults, and
Meunster for the sensualists. My bread preference is sourdough. Anything
but rye.

BLT- real mayo, sourdough, tomato fresh from the garden (or a Roma as a
sad substitute), fresh leaf lettuce, and the finest bacon you've got. Salt
and pepper liberally. Eat leaning over the plate, while reading the sports
section.

Tuna, on white, with chopped green onion, mayo, and a little bit of
Clausen's pickle relish. Served with potato chips and a root beer.

PB&J- with homemade blackberry J.

Scrambled egg (this is really good when you're not feeling well) with a
dollop of mayo and a little mustard, salt and pepper, and I like it
open-faced.

Old-fashioned egg salad.

Turkey with sliced tomatoes, avocado, mayo, and alfalfa sprouts. I can't
eat it anymore, but I have fond memories.

Turkey with leftover stuffing, gravy, and cranberries. Ooh. Six months
till Thanksgiving. Can I wait?

'Lainie
who now must rummage in the refrigerator!