[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 12 09:41:42 PDT 2001

Madelina commented:
> You are all infidels!

Yep. Some of these sandwiches have seemed more along the line of
sacrifices than sandwiches. Salad dressing? bologna?

> The One True Sandwich is grilled cheese.  On a griddle, melt real butter.
> Lay two slices of white bread on the grill.  When the bread is toasted, add
> more butter and flip the bread.  While it is toasting the second sides, lay
> two slices of American cheese on each slice of bread.

For a total of *four* slices of cheese? That's a lot of cheese. I do
however now use two slices on mine. My mother would use only one.

Another nice variation is to substitute Swiss Cheese for the American
Cheese or add grilled bacon.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net