[Sca-cooks] Metric calories?

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Tue Jun 12 10:44:57 PDT 2001

Steven Weidner <bigsteve at nycap.rr.com> [2001.06.12] wrote:
> quite the same system for counting calories that we do stateside (obscenely
> higher, perhaps?  something struck me as way off kilter, regardless).  Am I
> just hallucinating horribly, or is there in fact a difference between the
> calculation?

A calorie is rather well defined[1]. But (at least) USAninan food
references often use a Calorie to be the same as a physicists
kilocalorie, i.e. 1000 times larger. Does the figures make sense now?

/UlfR

[1] Unless I misremember "the heat nessesary to heat one gram of water
from 16.5 C one degree C".

--
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in Quake,