[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 15:01:11 PDT 2001

Speaking of sandwiches, there used to be the best
sandwich store in Pasadena, CA.  Unfortunately, sadly
closed many years ago.  The place was called
Stottlemayer's Deli.  They had the best, most
imaginative sandwiches and named them after
celebrities.  My favorite was the Elizabeth Taylor:
Moist breast of turkey, tongue, cranberry sauce on an
onion bagel.  Or the Marlena Deitrich: Lox, tongue,
cream cheese on a kaiser roll.

They also had, but I never tried:

The John F. Kennedy: peacock's tongue on a communion
wafer.
The Richard Nixon: baloney on white.
The John Birch: red cabbage, white tuna, blue cheese
on a kaiser roll.

These are all that I remember, but they usually had at
least 20 sandwiches on their menu.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.