[Sca-cooks] True sandwich

Steven Weidner bigsteve at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 12 09:57:42 PDT 2001

Sadly, the deli that served my one true sandwich closed, and I have a hard
time bringing myself to ask someone else to make it.  Number 11 triple
decker on rye with russian...

Start with a huuuuge piece of rye bread.  Add cream cheese (a generous
slab), candied walnuts (in syrup), turkey salad (with hard-boiled eggs in
it), shredded lettuce, russian and the next slice of bread.  More lettuce,
tomato, and the third piece of rye, slathered with more dressing.  Spear
with toothpicks (that look more like harpoons at this point) and cut
diagonally into quarters.  Garlic dill spear completes the plate, and all
this for under $5.

Heartburn special.  I shudder to think of how high my cholesterol levels
spiked after eating one of those.  Maybe it's better Platt's is gone.
Hmm...

Steinn Karlsson